Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Community Overview
A Vibrant City in the Charming Midwest
Located less than 30 minutes from the University of Iowa, Cedar Rapids is the second largest metropolitan area in the heart of Eastern Iowa.
Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city, encompassing unique attractions, exciting events, specialty shopping, a dynamic arts scene, as well as a cosmopolitan nightlife!
Economically, it is home to almost 300 different manufacturing plants and two dozen Fortune 500 companies including Rockwell Collins, General Mills, and Quaker Oats.
- Considered a growing boomtown with job growth being 7% above the nation's average according to Time Magazine
- Ranked as one of the Best Places for Affordable Homes by CNN, Fortune and Money Magazine
- Ranked as one America’s Best Cities on the Rise by Smarter Travel
- Ranked #7 on Kiplinger’s 12 Best Cities for High Paying Jobs
- Ranked as one of America’s Best Places for Business by Forbes
- Suburban Community with 95% Commercial Insurance