Seeking Nurse Practitioners for Observation Unit in the D.C. Area
BEA is proud to work collaboratively with the National Institutes of Health providing state of the art, cutting edge care of stroke patients, and with John Hopkins University providing intervention for patients with acute heart attack. The group works with the Maryland Trauma System as the Trauma Center for Montgomery County.
Suburban Hospital is a 233-bed community-based, not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery County and the surrounding area since 1943. On June 30, 2009, Suburban Hospital became a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine. We serve Montgomery County as the only regional trauma center for the county, and only one of nine trauma centers within Maryland. We treat roughly 1,500 trauma patients each year.
The 26-bed Emergency Department has an annual volume of 47,208 and is classified as a Level II Trauma Center. A separate Pediatric Emergency Center is staffed 24 hours a day by an emergency pediatrician and specially trained pediatric staff.
BEA is seeking Full-Time Nurse Practitioners for their Observation Unit. The ideal candidate will be a certified Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of one year of Acute Care, Family Medicine, Hospitalist, Emergency Medicine or related experience. The candidate needs to have the ability to work autonomously providing immediate and effective treatment to ensure quality patient care.
Key Statistics About Suburban Hospital
- Suburban Hospital is an acute-care, medical-surgical hospital featuring all major services except obstetrics. Admissions total more than 14,000 annually.
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Certified Total Joint Replacement Program by the Joint Commission.
- Serves as the designated regional trauma center for Montgomery County, one of nine regional trauma centers in Maryland. Fully equipped with an elevated helipad. Treats about 1,500 trauma patients each year.
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine Systems Services. (MIEMSS)
- Certified Cardiac Catheterization Program by MIEMSS.
Bethesda, one of the most renowned communities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, is a destination for ethnic restaurants, boutiques, home décor shops and artistic and trendy hot spots. Residents, visitors and employees enjoy the convenience of a Washington, D.C. suburb with its own business center and the lifestyle amenities of one of the most coveted residential communities in the capital area. A Metro station in the heart of Bethesda links the community to the rest of the Washington area. The free Bethesda Circulator makes getting around the downtown area even easier.
Bethesda's bustling streets are always hosting special events including Taste of Bethesda, Imagination Bethesda, a free Summer Concert Series and the Bethesda Literary Festival. Additionally, the Bethesda Arts and Entertainment District is home to numerous art galleries, live theatres, public art and music and dance studios.